What is a spring-like Saturday like on the farm? It is bright and sunny out today, so it will be a lot of outside activity. Here is a highlight of some what is going on today:
- Two loads of laundry are on the line outside and a third load is about to go on as soon as the rinse cycle is done.
- Bread is in the bread machine baking away.
- Gary is making our monthly trip to the dump to take all the trash and things we have begun compiling as we do some spring clean up on the farm.
- Michaela helped to finish up the milking this morning so Gary could head out to the dump and the boys are finishing up the rest of the chores.
- This afternoon we are hoping to get some more nests built for the chickens and reconstruct a new area in the very old barn to house our growing chicks until they are ready to be pastured safely.
- The gardens have been tilled and later this afternoon Gary will be plowing it while the rest of the family goes behind to take out any rocks. We remove rocks each spring and each new spring we find more. Too bad there isn’t a market for rock!! We will just keep piling it to use for flowerbeds or to fill in some tractor ruts leading into the pasture.
- If time allows, the girls and I may tackle a bit of clean-up in the garage which has become quite disorganized and set up the greenhouse. We are really excited that the night time lows are getting above freezing and day time temps are reaching 70. We can now start some seeds without having to use additional heat sources in the greenhouse.
What is going on at your house this weekend? Leave a comment with your plans. We would love to hear what you have planned.